Friday, July 25, 2014

Preserving Book Reviews

I certainly never thought I would be writing book review for fun once my collegiate days were over. Yet, here I am willingly. There is no gun to my head, no deadline, no grades to make.
Yet, here I am.
What is wrong with me?

Well, don't answer that. You may need an oxygen tank when you run out of air.

Here goes nothing!
I have been on a bit of a journey with home preservation since discovering my son's food allergies/intolerances. His list of verboten foods is long so let's just say that making it myself is easier than memorizing 22 foods and their chemical derivitives. At that point, processed food becomes a luxury item and a nightmare to find. As a point of note, when I can for allergy purposes, I always list EVERY ingredient because as the allergy list grows, I need to make sure that something I made safely a few months ago is not deadly now. I didn't know that celery and carrots were off limits for my son. Guess what flavored my stocks? Yeah, good thing I labeled everything!

Along the way I have had to do a bit of searching for the right preservation books. I started with the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.